For Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts; Cub Scouts, Junior Girl Scouts
One of a Scout’s first responsibilities is to learn the “Scout Oath”—a promise that states in part, “I will do my best to do my duty to God ....” The booklets listed below have been prepared for Christian Science Sunday School pupils who would like to earn the God and Country Award, which focuses on better understanding this duty to God.
By completing the requirements for this award Scouts should:
- Gain a deeper understanding of Christian Science.
- Have an opportunity to become more familiar with the pastor of our church, the Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy.
- Feel, experience, and see the importance of prayer in their lives.
- Become more connected to their branch church community.
- Grow spiritually.
- Begin to understand the importance and effectiveness of prayer.
- Gain recognition for all the work they have completed in preparation for the award.
Full requirements for the God and Country Award for Scouts who are students of Christian Science are outlined in the booklets below.