The material on this Site, such as text, photographs, images, graphics, logos, button icons, audio, video, and software, and the compilation of such material (“Content”), is the property of TFCCS or its suppliers and protected by copyright law in the U.S. and other countries. All rights reserved.
TFCCS grants you a license to view and download Content from this Site for your personal, noncommercial home use only. You may not sell, republish, redistribute, or reproduce in quantity any Content contained on this Site without the express written permission of TFCCS.
The Content of this Site may also be protected by database, privacy, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, and other applicable laws.
Please see the Permissions page for information on how to request permission to reuse Content from the Site. Photographs credited to a third-party supplier (such as Associated Press, Thinkstock, or Getty Images), are likely owned by that supplier. Please contact the supplier directly for permission to reuse their material.
The design of the CROSS & CROWN seal and other trademarks, logos and images used on the Site are property of TFCCS or its suppliers and may not be used in any manner without obtaining written permission. Please see the Cross and Crown Licensing page for information on how to request permission to use the Cross and Crown trademark.
If you believe the Site is infringing your copyright, TFCCS will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(2) (“DMCA”). Pursuant to the DMCA, written notification of claimed copyright infringement may or should be submitted to the following Designated Agent for the Site:
Service provider(s): The First Church of Christ, Scientist
Name of Designated Agent to receive notification of claimed infringement: Edwin R. Blomquist, Jr.
Full address of Designated Agent to which notification should be sent: 210 Massachusetts Avenue, P03-10, Boston, MA 02115-3012
Telephone number of Designated Agent: 617-450-2000
Email address of Designated Agent: email@example.com
To be effective, the notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you provide TFCCS with any questions, comments, bug reports, feedback, or proposed modifications concerning the Site ("Feedback"), TFCCS shall have the right to use such Feedback at its discretion, including, but not limited to the incorporation of such suggested changes into the Site. You hereby grant TFCCS a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive license under all rights necessary to incorporate and use your Feedback for any purpose.
If you submit statements, questions or comments to the Site, you grant TFCCS a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, edit, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such statements, questions or comments, in whole or in part, in any media, now known or later developed, with or without name attribution. You also warrant that the submission does not violate the rights of any third party.
TFCCS may publish comments or questions at its sole discretion. Please do not submit any comments that are commercial in nature, that violate copyrights or are obscene, defamatory, or derogatory of others. Please see the guidelines for Submitting testimonies for the Wednesday online meeting.
You acknowledge that in using the Site to send electronic communications, you will be causing communications to be sent through our and our service providers’ computer networks, portions of which may be located in various states in or outside the United States. As a result of the nature of electronic communications, even communications that seem to be intrastate in nature can result in the transmission of interstate or international communications regardless of where you are physically located at the time of transmission. Accordingly, by agreeing to these Terms, you acknowledge that use of the Site may result in interstate or international data transmissions.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content, including applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
As a condition of your use of the Site, you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms.
- You may not impersonate another person or access another User's account.
- You may not share passwords with any third party or encourage any other User to do so.
- You may not use the Site in any manner that, in our sole discretion, could damage, disable, overburden, or impair it or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site.
- You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, or any part of the Site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site, or any part of them, through hacking, password mining, or any other means or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on or through the Site.
- You may not upload any executable code, scripts or other data which alters the function, display or content of computer systems or data of TFCCS, its licensors or other Users of the Site.
- You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site.
- You agree neither to modify the Site in any manner or form, nor to use modified versions of the Site, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Site.
Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of the Site may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity.
You may not frame or embed pages or specific Content found on the Site, except as expressly permitted or enabled by Site functionality. Framing and embedding can infringe TFCCS and/or its suppliers’ copyrights and trademarks by creating derivatives of copyrighted Content or creating confusion as to the source of such Content. It can also impede TFCCS’s hosting and bandwidth resources. Our policies therefore do not permit framing or embedding, but generally do allow linking. See our Permissions page and Linking pages for more information.
The Site may contain robot exclusion headers. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission or bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site.
Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, you may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Site, use of the Site, access to the Site or Content from the Site.
Please see our Permissions page for instructions on how to request permission for re-use of Content and for information on limited uses of Content that do not require permission.
Really Simple Syndication (“RSS”) (RSS 2.0) is an XML-based format for easily sharing titles and summaries for use in your favorite readers and blogs. The feeds include automatically updated links to Content on the Site. TFCCS offers RSS feeds for personal, non-commercial use only to individuals and non-commercial organizations. Any uses of RSS not granted herein are strictly prohibited.
Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to:
- Archiving or databasing RSS feeds.
- Incorporation of advertising or the placement of advertising associated with or targeted at the content of the RSS.
- Editing or modification of the RSS feeds in any manner.
- Inserting any intermediate page, splash page or any other content between the RSS link and the Site.
TFCCS retains all ownership and other rights in the RSS feeds and in any and all logos and trademarks used in connection with them. If you provide attribution using a graphic, you must use the appropriate ChristianScience.com name/logo that we incorporate into the RSS feed. RSS feeds may be used only with platforms with a functional link directly to the Site.
TFCCS reserves the right to cease offering any or all of the RSS feeds at any time or to require you to cease distributing any or all of the feeds at any time for any reason. TFCCS assumes no liability for your activities in connection with the RSS feeds or for your use of the feeds in connection with your website.
ChristianScience.com’s podcasting service (“Podcasting Service”) consists of free lectures and information audio files (“Podcast Content”) that may be downloaded to your computer and then transferred to your audio file player. Any uses of the Podcasting Service not expressly granted herein are reserved by TFCCS.
Prohibited uses of Podcast Content include, but are not limited to:
- Incorporating advertising or the placement of advertising associated with or targeted at the Podcast Content,
- Redistributing the Podcast Content or using the Podcast Content in a manner which suggests or implies that ChristianScience.com endorses any products, services or causes of a third party.
- Editing or modifying the Podcast Content or links in any manner whatsoever.
- Inserting any intermediate page, splash page or any other content between the podcast link and the Site.
The Podcasting Service may be used only with platforms with a functional link directly to the podcast feed on the Site.
ChristianScience.com retains all ownership and other rights in the Podcast Content and in any and all logos and trademarks used in connection with the Podcasting Service. If applicable, you must provide attribution to the appropriate page on the Site in connection with your use of the Podcasting Service, and, if you use a graphic in the attribution, you must use the appropriate ChristianScience.com name/logo incorporated into or associated with the Podcast Content.
ChristianScience.com reserves the right to cease offering any or all of the Podcasting Service or Podcast Content at any time or to require you to cease any and all use of the Podcasting Service or Podcast Content at any time for any reason. ChristianScience.com assumes no liability for your activities in connection with the Podcasting Service or for your use of the Podcast Content in connection with your website, computer or audio file player.
The Site may include links or references to other websites or services solely as a convenience to users (“Reference Sites”). TFCCS does not endorse any such Reference Sites or the information, materials, products, or services contained on or accessible through Reference Sites. In addition, your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Site or the Reference Sites are solely between you and such advertiser. ACCESS AND USE OF REFERENCE SITES, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH REFERENCE SITES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
THE SITE, ITS OPERATION, AND ALL OF THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED BY TFCCS ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TFCCS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TFCCS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR THE CONDUCT OF USERS OF THE SITE OR INFORMATION EXCHANGED OR POSTED ON THE SITE, INCLUDING A CLAIM OF DEFAMATION. TFCCS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST CONTENT OR DATA.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless TFCCS, its affiliated entities, companies, contractors, employees, agents and its third-party suppliers, licensors, and partners, harmless from any claims, losses, damages, and liabilities, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of your use or misuse of the Site, any breach or alleged breach by you of these Terms, any breach or alleged breach of the copyright, trademark, proprietary or other rights of third-parties by you, or any breach of the representations, warranties, and covenants made by you under these Terms. TFCCS reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify TFCCS, and you agree to cooperate with TFCCS’s defense of these claims.
No director, officer, trustee, employee or agent of TFCCS shall be personally liable for the performance of or failure to perform any provision of these Terms.
All disclaimers, policies, terms, conditions, and disputes will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, U.S.A., without regard to choice of law principles.
Certain software, trademarks, copyrights, content, and services found on this Site may be owned by their respective owners:
- eZ Publish
Notice from the Associated Press (AP)
The following provision applies to all visitors (which shall include persons and representatives of legal entities, whether such representatives are persons or digital engines of a kind that crawls, indexes, scrapes, copies, stores or transmits digital content). By accessing this Web site or digital service, you specifically acknowledge and agree that: (i) Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium, and shall be subject to all terms and conditions made available at the AP Terms and Conditions web page available here; (ii) No Associated Press materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use; (iii) The Associated Press will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing; (iv) The Associated Press is an intended third party beneficiary of these terms and conditions and it may exercise all rights and remedies available to it; and (v) The Associated Press reserves the right to audit possible unauthorized commercial use of AP materials or any portion thereof at any time.
Effective: August 3, 2016