2. Reading a Scriptural Selection.
3. Silent Prayer, followed by the audible
repetition of the Lord’s Prayer with its spiritual
5. Announcing necessary notices.
6. Reading Tenets of The Mother Church.
7. Collection and Solo.
8. Reading the Explanatory Note on first leaf
9. Announcing the subject of the Lesson-Sermon, and reading the Golden Text.
10. Reading the Scriptural Selection entitled
“Responsive Reading” alternately by the First
Reader and the congregation.
11. Reading the Lesson-Sermon. (After the
Second Reader reads the BIBLE references of the
first Section of the Lesson, the First Reader
126makes the following announcement: “As announced in the explanatory note, I shall now read
correlative passages from the Christian Science
textbook, SCIENCE AND HEALTH WITH KEY TO
THE SCRIPTURES, by Mary Baker Eddy.”)
12. The First Reader briefly invites the congregation to kneel in silent Communion. This is
concluded by the audible repetition of the Lord’s
Prayer (spiritual interpretation omitted).
13. Singing the Doxology:
“Be Thou, O God, exalted high;
And as Thy glory fills the sky,
So let it be on earth displayed,
Till Thou art here and now obeyed.”
14. Reading the Scientific Statement of
Being and the correlative SCRIPTURE according to I John 3:1–3.
15. Pronouncing Benediction.