- The comments on this site are moderated. If your comment hasn’t been posted, it could be that a staff member hasn’t reviewed it yet.
- If your comment contained personal information, was unrelated to the Daily Lift, or contained inappropriate language, it may not be posted. If you have any questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re happy to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com
To receive an email with a link to each Daily Lift, click the link /lectures/daily-lift/. Fill out the requested information on the right side of the page and click Submit. You’ll then be added to our subscription list, and you’ll start receiving the Daily Lift email the next day.
- Email: you will receive an email Monday through Friday notifying you that a new Daily Lift is available. The email will provide you with a link to the Web page where you can listen to the audio file.
- iTunes: A new Daily Lift podcast will download to your iTunes podcast library Monday through Friday. You will need to open your iTunes to download and listen. All audio Daily Lift files will be available in your iTunes library for you to listen to later.
- Twitter: you will receive a tweet on your Twitter page each day notifying you that a new Daily Lift is available and providing you with a link to that page. You will need to log on to Twitter to receive your tweet.
After you subscribe, you should receive your notification email, tweet, or download (iTunes) the next day (Monday-Friday).
Your Daily Lift is available by phone. Dial 1-617-450-3430 to hear that day’s Lift. Long distance charges apply.
The Daily Lift email, tweet, and download are delivered between 2am-4am ET (Boston time) Monday through Friday. The Daily Lift is available direct by phone at 8:30am ET. The Daily Lift phone # is 617-450-3430.
To update your e-mail address please click on the “Manage your Subscription” button at the bottom of any Daily Lift e-mail. This will take you to a web page where you can delete your old e-mail address and insert your new one.
This may indicate that you or your email provider has a spam blocker in place. You might want to check and see if emails from us are being sent to your junk folder. If they are, mark the messages as not being junk mail and add us to your list of trusted senders. You can also try adding “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your email address book to ensure the emails are not blocked. If emails continue to end up in your junk mail, contact your email provider for further instructions.
I haven't received the Daily Lift email for a few days. I've resubscribed several times it still isn't coming. How can I start receiving the emails again?
If your Daily Lift doesn't show up in your in-box, please email email@example.com and we'll check your account. Re-subscribing on our website doesn't affect your subscription.
We’re so glad you want to share the Daily Lift! Here are some ways.
- When you receive the notification email, scroll down to the bottom of the email until you see the “Forward to a Friend” icon (you may have to enable pictures to see this icon). Click on the icon. A new Web page will open where you can enter the names and email addresses of anyone you want to share this podcast with. There is also a place for you to insert a message. Please note that this email invitation will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On the main Daily Lift page, there is an option (under the subscription icons on the right) to “Share this page.” If you click on this option, a new box will open with a number of options for sharing. If you want to send an email, scroll down until you see that option and click on it. You will be able to send an email with a link to the Daily Lift Web page to friends and family. On each Daily Lift page, there are buttons (under the audio info) that allow you to share on Twitter, on Facebook, or to email to a friend.
- If you’d like to share our Twitter page, our Twitter name is CSlectures. Here’s the link that you can copy and paste and send to anyone in an email: http://twitter.com/CSlectures
If you are sharing the Daily Lift using the “Email this post” option on our website, you will be asked to type a combination of letters and numbers into a box at the bottom of the request. This is to verify that you are a real person, not a computer generating spam. It will look something like this:
You are required to type the letters and numbers on the left into the box on the right.
Yes! We now have a Daily Lift iPhone app. Click here to download it. For Blackberry and other smart phone users, our play button should now work on your phones. If you have any problems, you can click the “Audio MP3” or “download” button below the play button on the Daily Lift page. That should allow you to play the lift on your phone. We’d love to hear your feedback on this one. Email us at email@example.com
UPDATE: A rotating selection of past Daily Lifts are now available on the Call on Faith interfaith mobile app. The Lifts are available in a basic video format. For more info about the app -- and how to download it for $0.99 -- click here.
These fresh, conversational recordings are intended to share orally the inspiration of the moment and are only available in audio format.
An “archive” page does not exist yet. However, you can listen to any Daily Lift by visiting our Daily Lift home page at /lectures/daily-lift/. At the bottom of the page click “Next entries” for earlier Daily Lifts.
You’ll want to first verify that your device and speaker volume settings are not low or muted. If you’re on a PC, go to your “Control Panel” and select “Sounds and Audio Devices.” Go to the “Audio” tab and click on each of the “Volume…” settings to ensure that none of these options are low or muted. If using a Mac, click the speaker button at the top of your keyboard to insure your sound is on and up loud enough to hear.
At the bottom left corner of every Daily Lift e-mail you will see a 'Manage your Subscription' link. Click on this link and you will be taken to a web page where you will be able to un-subscribe to Your Daily Lift. If you keep an old e-mail, you will be able to click on the same link to re-subscribe at a later date.
Click “download” below the podcast. A new page will pop up with the audio only. Copy the URL (web address) of that page and send it to a friend in an email. It will be the lift without the comments.
All the music for this program – excluding the first few weeks of stock tunes – was composed especially for this program. Nathan Frederick and his friends continue to compose and record original music for your Daily Lift in The Mother Church recording studios in Boston, MA. Many of these musicians are local musicians who have CDs for purchase. You can google them if you’re interested. Here are the credits:
- Nathan Frederick: acoustic & electric guitar, electric bass, percussion, piano
- George Clements: acoustic & electric guitar, mandolin, electric bass, piano
- Tabea Mangelsdorf: piano, vocals
- Ben Vaughan: harmonica, acoustic guitar, accordion, percussion, voice
- Christa Seid-Graham: vocals, piano, keyboard
- Alex Cook: acoustic & electric guitar, electric bass, voice
- Wayne Ingram: electric guitar, piano
- Tim Dixon: acoustic & electric guitar
- Jon Hinthorne: piano
- Matt Zacharino: electric bass
- Scott Sheehan: electric bass
- Tim Smith: drum kit
- Andy Bickerton: drum kit
- Corey O’Connor: drum kit
- Jessica Hayes: flute
- Susie Jostyn: saxophone
- Laura Lapointe: vocals
CDs featuring these musicians can be found here:
Then let us hear from you in the comment space below each Daily Lift! Have a wonderful day.