Facebook pages 101
Sure you’ve used Facebook to connect with friends and post family photos, but did you know that you also can use Facebook as a way to reach and engage your church community? By creating a brand page (business page), you can share news, upcoming events, photos, and links to your website and blog. Here are basic steps to get you started.
- Create a Facebook Page. Facebook provides this great resource guide, offering steps to creating and building a page. When creating the page, you’ll need to create a name. It’s important to choose a name that is brief, easy to remember and mirrors your existing community. Often names aren’t available—so you may have to get a little creative. Keep it simple.
- Facebook Logo. Add the Facebook logo to your website and/or blog.
- Content Strategy. The beauty of Facebook lies within its spontaneous nature. However, as with any marketing efforts, strategy equals success. Whether you choose to create a weekly or monthly strategy, it’s important to focus on interesting, unique posts that your audience will enjoy and want to share.
- Facebook Schedule. This goes hand in hand with your content strategy. You’ll want to create a manageable schedule for posting to the Facebook page. In time, fans will look forward to engaging with your content, and it’s important not to let them down by posting infrequently or sporadically. You can schedule posts in advance too.
- Best Times to Post. Routinely test days and times for posting to your page. With thirty days of consistent posting, you can review your Facebook Insights to gauge the best days and times offering the most engagement.
- Liking Other Pages. As a brand or business page, you have the option of liking other pages on Facebook—just as you do on your personal Facebook page. This tool is important as you can connect and engage not only with the Christian Science community but with a broader community, expanding your reach and impact. You can share their posts on your page. In time, these pages will acknowledge your engagement with their page and share your posts with their audience.
- Liking Other Pages Made Easy. Go to a Christian Science Facebook Page, like Your Daily Lift or CS Plaza, Boston, and click on their Likes (see all), and click the like button beside each page you want to like. It’s that easy.