Steps to insure you receive email messages
Because Gmail "learns" by its users actions, there are five steps you can take to insure you always receive email messages from The Mother Church (or any other sender).
1. Open your emails. Gmail "thinks" that if you don't open an email, you view it as spam.
2. Add MessageFromClerk@christianscience.com or appropriate email address to your contacts.
3. Check your Spam box on a regular basis. Mark items you want as "not spam." Here are the steps.
- To get to the Spam box: when you are on your main page, click on the left near the bottom of your Labels.
- Click on the item that is not spam. That will put a check mark next to it.
- Now click on “Not spam.” The item will move from the Spam box to your Inbox.
- Do that for everything that isn’t spam, and return to your Inbox.
4. You can also set up a filter that will keep email from The Mother Church from going in to your spam folder. Here are the steps.
- The filters are in your settings. Click on the settings symbol, which is at the right top of your email area.
- Next click on "Filters" on the Settings page.
- Look at the bottom for "Create a new filter" and click on it.
- Type the email address in "From" and then click "Create filter with this search."
- Now check "Never send it to Spam" and click "Create filter" at the bottom.
- You are done and can return to your Inbox. Thanks!
5. Gmail has a new Promotions tab. Items like the Daily Lift, Daily Thoughts, and other large group emails from the Church may be rerouted to the new tab. If you don't find the items in your main (Primary) inbox, please check Promotions.
- Here is how to set it up so Gmail will always put the messages into your Primary inbox. Look for instructions under this image.
- If you see a message in your inbox that you want in a different tab, all you have to do is drag and drop it into the other tab. Another way to do this is to right-click a message while viewing your inbox.
- After you move a message to a different tab, a message above your inbox will ask if you want to undo that action or choose to always put messages from that sender in the tab you chose.