Branch Church, Society and Association Trusts with The Mother Church
Many Branch Churches, Societies, and Christian Science Associations have benefited by
establishing Irrevocable Trusts with The Mother Church. By creating these types of trusts, it
is possible to provide for income generated by investments that are screened for their compatibility with Christian Science.
Examples of benefits include:
• A regular income for the Branch Church, Society, or Christian Science Association
• Simplicity and ease of investment management for assets. The Mother Church has broad
historical experience and ability to invest and manage trust assets effectively, carefully, and
• The Branch Church, Society or Association’s membership continues to make a meaningful
demonstration of financial support for its activities, balanced with and supplemented by
annual income from the trust.
• While irrevocable, under certain circumstances, these trusts may allow for access to distributions from the trust principal to provide for the continuity of Association or Church activities.
• Virtually all Branch Churches, Societies and Associations set aside funds that are intended
to ultimately come to The Mother Church when they disband. The trust structure is the ideal
vehicle to support an Association or Church financially during its lifetime, but also provide
for a simple distribution process to The Mother Church at the time of disbanding.
• A significant, eventual gift to The Mother Church.
We welcome inquiries from the board, clerk or treasurer of branch churches and associations
at any time. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 800-288-7155 ext. 3288.
Your Branch Church, Society, and Christian Science Association tax questions may
be answered by information and guidelines provided by The Mother Church: