The Christian Science Trust in Great Britain
Tel: 0844 800 9356
These Guidelines will be reviewed annually
An Application Form should be completed to apply for a grant
The Guidelines shown below indicate the circumstances that will be considered by Trust Brit for financial support.
We are open to creative ideas for promoting and supporting Manual-based activities and will assist branches to fulfill these when they are not able to do so themselves. All applications are considered individually and funding is not automatic and may not always be to the maximum percentage mentioned.
Donations and all financial contributions from other sources will be taken into account when making a decision on funding.
Lectures given by:
Contribution of up to 75% of costs for second and subsequent lectures held in the same lecture year.
Contribution of up to 75% of all lecture costs.
Contribution of up to 75% of all lecture costs. The application for the lecture must be supported by a church or society.
Contribution of up to 75% for windows/displays provided that the Reading Room opens a minimum of 12 hours a week to the public.
- We will support the upgrade/enhancement of Reading Rooms to improve their visibility and outreach potential.
- We will support the establishment of a display facility in a place that is well-located.
- Website development – contribution of up to 75%. However, the branch must have a sustainable plan to maintain and update the website going forward.
- Advertising - contribution of up to 50% for advertising projects, e.g. special media or advertising projects, and special events.
- Media interviews – this is discretionary.
Contribution of 75% (maximum £1,500) to assist Reading Rooms with computer systems and IT development. Assistance is for the first system only, not for a second computer and does not include on-going ISP or line access fees. Assistance will be given to:
- Reading Rooms that wish to introduce a computer system for the use of staff and visitors to access Concord, JSH-online, audio chats, TMC websites, e-Bible Lesson, etc. Also for the Librarian and staff to communicate with CSPS and other Reading Rooms, for the downloading and printing of CSPS publications and display material, for the design and production of display material.
- Reading Rooms that wish to upgrade existing systems to include broadband and colour scan/copy/printer capability. A grant could be available for set-up fees, if that skill is not available from members.
Grants will not normally be given to Churches or Societies for the repair and maintenance of their buildings. However, the Trustees would support projects which address the promotion of Christian Science. Assistance may also be available for branches moving to more efficient settings, and for seeking compliance with local accessibility regulations. All applications are considered individually.
The Trust does not provide support to individual Christian Scientists. However applications for assistance will be considered from Mother Church appointees, Committees on Publication, and Christian Science nurses, to attend international and national conferences and activities which are specific to their position. Other meetings and activities may be considered on the basis of their compliance.
The Trustees would expect to receive a report within a year of completion of the project on the work carried out and how the community and organization have benefited as a result of the grant. With permission, these fruitage reports may be shared with the field through Trust newsletters.