Your community bookstore
Christian Science Reading Rooms are bookstores open to anyone exploring spiritual answers to life’s many questions and problems.
Every Reading Room is different and unique, yet you’ll find most of the same products and services, as well as an uplifting and welcoming atmosphere, in all of them. Each one is managed and maintained by members of a local Church of Christ, Scientist.
Christian Science Reading Room in Boston
The first Christian Science Reading Room was established in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, in 1888 to make available Mary Baker Eddy’s seminal book on the Bible and Christian healing: Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures. That purpose continues, and today you'll find almost 1,200 Reading Rooms worldwide.
- Bibles and Bible study resources
- Science and Health
- Other writings by Mary Baker Eddy
- Music and inspirational CDs
- Bible stories for children
- Weekly, monthly, and quarterly Christian Science publications
- The Christian Science Monitor